Nowadays, many people have most of their friend's contacts available on Facebook. Here is a quick way to make sure that your iPhone contacts sync with your Facebook contacts
Sync Facebook contacts with iPhone on iOS 7 or iOS 6
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Facebook
- Type in your Facebook username or email address and password and tap “Sign In”
- Make sure that the Contacts switch under “Allow these Apps to Use Your Account” is set to ON
- Finally tap on “Update All Contacts” at the bottom
- That’s it, you now have your iPhone address book synced with your Facebook friends data
Don’t forget to go to the AppStore on your iPhone and get the official iOS Facebook app.
Sync iPhone contacts with Facebook on iOS 5
- Open the Facebook appp on your iPhone and tap the button on the top left corner
- Select the Friends banner
- Once in the Friends section, tap on the button appearing in the upper right corner and then tap Sync Contacts
- Now, make sure that the "Syncing" and "Replace photos" are both turned on
- That's it! Now your iPhone contacts entries will have their data and images updated as per your Facebook friends' details.
There is also another way of linking your Facebook data to your iPhone contacts via a free app called SmartSync.
SmartSync will help you bring data from your Facebook such as your friend’s occupation and current workplace (data which you could not otherwise link with your iPhone contacts).
Simply download and install the app on your iPhone
1. Once you run the application, tap on the big round button.
2. Wait for the app to connect to your Facebook profile – it will ask you to use your Facebook data (if you are already logged in to your Facebook account via the Facebook app, SmartSync will directly continue to match your iPhone contacts with your Facebook friends.
3. Now your contacts will feature both their updated Facebook profile photos as well as additional information available from Facebook. Your Facebook contacts will not be changed in the process.